— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 21, 2016
President-elect Donald Trump took to Twitter to announce a “few of the steps” he and his transition team plan to make in his first 100 days to “Make America Great Again.”
After stating that the transition team – made up of talented, patriotic men and women – is “working smoothly, efficiently and effectively,” Trump outlined his agenda, saying the “core principle” is “Putting America First.” That principle includes bringing innovation and production back to America and creating wealth and jobs for American workers.
In order to fulfill his plans, Trump stated that he has asked his transition team to “develop a list of executive actions to be taken on Day 1, to restore our laws and bring back our jobs.” The list of priorities includes:
- Trade: Issue a Notification of Intent to Withdraw from the Trans Pacific Partnership. Trump plans to “negotiate fair, bilateral trade deals” that will bring industry and jobs back to the US.
- Energy: Cancel job-killing restrictions on the production of American energy, including shale and clean-coal.
- Regulation: Create a rule for new regulations – for every one new regulation, two old regulations must be eliminated.
- National Security: Create a comprehensive plan to protect the Nation’s infrastructure from both cyber attacks and “all other forms of attacks.”
- Immigration: Direct the Department of Labor to investigate all abuses of visa programs that undercut the American worker.
- Ethics Reform: This is the first step toward “Draining the Swamp.” Trump stated that he would impose a five year ban on executive officials becoming lobbyists after they leave the administration, and a lifetime ban on executive officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.
Trump said that these are just a few of his plans for reforming Washington and to “Make America Great Again.”